Thursday, July 05, 2012

George Entwistle appointed Director-General of the BBC

The BBC Trust has today appointed George Entwistle as the Director-General of the BBC.

The full press release is on the BBC Trust website here
George Entwistle's full biography can be found here 

Message from George Entwistle to all BBC staff:

Dear all,

I’m delighted the Chairman and Trustees think I’m the right person for the job.

Mark Thompson will be a tough act to follow. But it’s a privilege to be asked to lead the greatest broadcasting organisation in the world and a privilege to be able to continue to serve our audiences in this new role.

I am proud to have worked with so many talented people across the BBC and am very much looking forward to working with all of you in future.

You won’t be hearing a lot from me over the next couple of months, because Mark will be leading us through the great summer we have planned and I want to spend as much time as I can listening to you and hearing what you think the future holds.

All the best,

George Entwistle, Director-General Designate

(Source: BBC Press Office)

No comments:

Post a Comment