Friday, August 10, 2012

UK: New community radio station Radio Kenilworth is coming soon

A NEW community radio station is being established and will be dedicated to Kenilworth and surrounding areas.

Liane Dugal, the founder of the station project, said: “I want to actively encourage local participation, communication links and support for Kenilworth as a town. 

“I plan to offer the people of Kenilworth a ‘voice’ on local issues and promote events, support charity and offer local business opportunities.” 

To begin with Mrs Dugal has been offered a page on the Kenilworth Town Council website where she will be producing recordings of local events, charities and features. 

The team has also set up a You Tube account, which will broadcast the programmes and features created at Radio Kenilworth, plus Kenilworth School has shown an interest in looking at voluntary opportunities for their pupils. 

Mrs Dugal, who has also taken over publicity and marketing for The Kenilworth Festival including its mascot Kenny Bear, said: “I am passionate about radio and community. 

“The opportunity to raise awareness of local issues, events and charities is one I am keen to pursue. 

“I have been met with so much support locally, that it motivates me to strive to build this excellent opportunity in my home town of Kenilworth. 

“In my career I have presented the breakfast show on local radio, been part of the team who set up a community radio station for a local FE college, where my role was programme manager. I have taught qualifications in media and radio for more than 13 years and have worked as a broadcast journalist for a radio station in Nottingham. 

“I am now in the process of gaining support from local funding providers to look for a sponsorship for setting up a studio and production suit within the town. 

“This would continue to build the excellent communication network that already has a strong foundation and support.”

For more information go online: www.kenilworthtowncouncil.co.uk/#/media/4567274199

No comments:

Post a Comment